February 2, 2017
Posted by on
(from Tom Weier, HZDR, Germany)
a two-day workshop dedicated to liquid metal batteries will be held in Dresden on May 16-17 2017. The focus of the workshop shall be on fluid dynamics, but talks on other aspects of liquid metal batteries are equally welcome and are in the scope of the workshop.
We are happy that Prof. Donald Sadoway agreed to give an introductory lecture on the subject.
The workshop will be held in the QF Hotel located in the historic city center of Dresden.
For further information please visit the web-site of the workshop
Important dates are:
- 5 March 2017 deadline for abstract submission
- 12 March 2017 notification of acceptance
- 26 March 2017 last day for special rate hotel reservation, online registration closes
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email to
or directly to one of us
We will be glad to assist you!
Please feel free to distribute this announcement to other colleagues that might be interested in the topic of the workshop.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Dresden!
January 30, 2017
Posted by on
(from Andris Jakovics, Latvia)
This scientific colloquium will take place at University of Latvia in Riga (Latvia) on 21-22 September, 2017. Colloquiums in field of modelling have long tradition since 1999 and was organised periodically in Riga and Hanover (Germany). The aim of this series of colloquiums is to encourage collaboration by scientists working in field of modelling applications for increasing of products quality and energy efficiency in different technological processes.
Papers on the numerical and physical modelling in the following branches are welcome:
- Processing of high quality metal alloys and non-metallic materials (oxides, glasses, powders, composites)
- Crystal growth of semi-conductive materials
- Production processes for new and innovative products
- EM stirring, casting, shaping, forming and levitation
- Combustion, evaporation and condensations processes
- Energy efficiency and sustainability of technological equipment
- Space technologies and applications
The participation fee (early registration – 420 EUR, normal rate – 490 EUR, incl. 21% VAT) covers all information material of the colloquium, the proceedings and flash, dinner as well as coffee and refreshments during breaks.
Important date: submission of abstracts – March 31, 2017
International scientific committee:
- E. Baake Leibniz University Hanover, Germany
- V. Bojarevics University of Greenwich, United Kingdom
- F. Dughiero University of Padua, Italy
- P. Dold Frauenhofer CSP, Germany
- V. Fireteanu Politechnica University of Bucharest, Romania
- A. Jakovics University of Latvia, Latvia
- B. Nacke Leibniz University Hanover, Germany
- A. Thess German Aerospace Centter (DLR), Germany
- V. Timofejev Siberian Federal University, Russian Federation
- J. Virbulis University of Latvia, Latvia
Local Organising committee:
- Dr. A. Jakovics (Andris.Jakovics@lu.lv)
- Dr. J. Virbulis (Janis.Virbulis@lu.lv)
- Dr. M. Ščepanskis (Mihails.Scepanskis@lu.lv)
Further information on the following website: – www.modlab.lv/mmp2017
Online registration on the following website: asychair.org/conferences/?conf=mmp2017