MHD Modelling School 2019
April 29, 2019
Posted by on
(from Andris Jakovics, Latvia)
October 14-18 2019
University of Latvia
MHD Modelling PhD-School is a practical hands-on course on simulation of complex liquid metal magnetohydrodynamics processes. The main goal of participants will be to learn to work with open-source software, modifying code and applying it to specific systems with liquid metal flow in electromagnetic field.
The main topics are:
- Electromagnetic mixing and pumping;
- Electromagnetic semi-levitation and free surface dynamics;
- Electrovortical flows;
- Bubbly flows in magnetic field.
The course has three parts:
- lectures covering topics from modern experimental techniques to promising MHD applications, as well as introduction to simulation tools and methods;
- numerical modelling of MHD phenomena using both commercial (ANSYS) and open-source (OpenFOAM, ElmerFEM, getDP, EOF-Library) software;
- laboratory experiments for demonstration and numerical model validation.
After the introductory lectures participants will be assigned small projects within the abovementioned topics and will present the results at the end of the course.
Laboratory for mathematical modelling of environmental and technological processes, University of Latvia (Dr. Andris Jakovics, email@example.com)
Institute of Electrotechnology, Leibniz University of Hannover (Prof. Bernard Nacke, firstname.lastname@example.org)
More info: http://www.modlab.lv
Participation fee: 150 EUR (till 20. July), 250 EUR (regular)
Online registration: http://ej.uz/MHD2019