June 18, 2019
Posted by on
(From Andrew Kao, UK)
PhD Scholarship: Energy Saving Induction Melting by Electromagnetic Containment
Location: Computational Science and Engineering Group, University of Greenwich, Old Royal Naval College, Park Row, London, SE10 9LS
Duration: Bursary available for 3 years. Year 1: £15,009, Years 2 and 3: in line with RCUK rate
Starting date: 1 September, 2019
Application Deadline: 10 July, 2019
Further information: https://www.gre.ac.uk/research/study/research-studentships-and-scholarships
Contact: Dr Andrew Kao (email@example.com)
June 11, 2019
Posted by on
PostDoc position in Computational MHD at UCLA
from: Sergey Smolentsev
Opening: Postdoctoral position in Computational MHD/LM blanket design and analysis
Location: University of California at Los Angeles, USA, Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Duration: 1 year with possible extension to 2 or 3 years
Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: June 30, 2019
Requirements to the candidate: experience of computing LM MHD flows for fusion blanket applications with one or more CFD codes: CFX, FLUENT, OPENFOAM, COMSOL or others
Contact: Dr. Sergey Smolentsev (firstname.lastname@example.org)
April 28, 2019
Posted by on
(from Andre Giesecke, HZDR, Germany )
The Institute of Fluid Dynamics at Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR, https://www.hzdr.de) invites for applications for a PhD position in the field of experimental fluid dynamics.
The research tasks involve experiments on precessing fluid flows and are essential for the preparation of the large scale dynamo currently under construction at HZDR.
The PhD student will be responsible for running regular experiments at the water precession experiment and will conduct he related measurements. The tasks include an upgrade of the experiment and the involvement in the preparation of the forthcoming dynamo experiments. Intensive cooperation is mandatory with the project partners at Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum (Prof. R. Grauer), where related numerical models are conducted.
The position will be available from 1 July 2019. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- Diploma or M.Sc in physics/mechanical engineering or related subjects with very good marks and a profound background in fluid dynamics and/or magnetohydrodynamics
- experience in the operation of experiments, preferably in the field of fluid dynamics
- willingness for close cooperation with project partners from Universitaet Bochum who will conduct related numerical studies (includes travel to Bochum 1-2 times a year)
- scientific approach to research questions, self-dependent working style and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) by 30 April 2019 online via https://www.hzdr.de/db/Cms?pNid=490&pOid=57754&pContLang=en
Institute of Fluid Dynamics — Magnetohydrodynamics
Tel.: +49-351-260 2227.