- NEW HYDROMAG CHAIRMAN
- FUNDING FOR PAMIR 2016 PARTICIPATION FOR YOUNG RESEARCHERS
- THE 16TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON LIQUID AND AMORPHOUS METALS (LAM-16)
- SCHEDULE OF CONFERENCES ON MHD AND RELATED TOPICS
- NEXT HYDROMAG NEWSLETTER
I. ALBAN POTHERAT (COVENTRY UNIVERSITY) BECOMES NEW HYDROMAG CHAIRMAN
(from Gunter Gerbeth and Alban Potherat)
On the occasion of the 8th Conference on Electromagnetic Processing of Materials, held in Cannes, October 12-16th, 2015, Hydromag Chairman Gunter Gerbeth announced that he was stepping down and that the position was carried over to Alban Potherat, from Coventry University. Beyond the continuation of the famous Newsletter, which has been a central mean of communication among our scientific community over the years, the new chairman called on the community for new ideas to shape the future of Hydromag and reinforce its role of promoting the fields of research within its remits, in particular among young scientists.
II. PAMIR 2016 PARTICIPATION FUNDING FOR YOUNG RESEARCHERS
(from Sara Carcangiu, Cagliari-Italy)
Thanks to a financial contribution received from ACRI(Italian joint-stock Savings Banks and Foundations of Banking Origin) for PAMIR2016, full funding is available for young researchers, for participating in the PAMIR2016 Conference (with or without submitting a paper) and in the PAMIR2016 Summer School whose topics are centered on MHD for Space Applications and for spending a one-month period (attached to the PAMIR event) as a visiting scientist in one of the leading Italian universities that agreed to participate to this program.
Deadline for application: March 31, 2016.
For more information see http://www.diee.unica.it/pamir2016/young.php
THE 16TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON LIQUID AND AMORPHOUS METALS (LAM-16), Bonn – Bad Godesberg, Germany, September 4-9, 2016
(from Gunter Gerbeth, Germany)
The 16th International Conference on Liquid and Amorphous Metals (LAM-16) will be held at the town hall of Bonn – Bad Godesberg, Germany, from September 04-09, 2016.
The conference aims to provide a forum for scientists interested in liquid and amorphous metals in order to discuss recent advances and future directions in this intriguing field of condensed matter physics, chemistry and materials sciences. Apart from papers on metallic systems, the LAM conferences traditionally also welcome contributions on liquid and amorphous semi-conductors as well as on molten salts.
The series of LAM conferences has a long standing history dating back to the liquids metal conference LM-1 in Brookhaven (1966). It was followed by the liquid metals conferences in Tokyo (1972) and Bristol (1976). The scope of the conference series was complemented by topics of amorphous metals in the following LAM conferences held in Grenoble (1980), Los Angeles (1983), Garmisch-Partenkirchen (1986), Kyoto (1989), Wien (1992), Chicago (1995), Dortmund (1998), Yokohama (2001), Metz (2004), Ekaterinburg (2007), Rome (2010) and Beijing (2013).
We are planning plenary sessions on hot topics and future advances in the field and there will be thematically focused sessions with invited and selected contributed talks as well as a poster session.
The following topics will be covered by the conference:
- structural and dynamical properties of liquid and amorphous phases
- bulk amorphous glasses (development and properties)
- liquids under extreme and/or highly metastable conditions
- thermophysical properties of metallic melts and amorphous matter
- experimental techniques for investigating liquid and amorphous
matter (including state of the art in-situ techniques for studying non-equilibrium states, phase transitions or chemical reactions in liquid and amorphous matter)
- simulation techniques for studying structure, dynamics and properties of liquid and amorphous systems
- investigations on liquid metals under the unique conditions of reduced gravity
- applications of amorphous materials.
Conference website: https://dlr-mp.meetingmasters.de/LAM16
Abstract submission deadline: March 31, 2016
IV. SCHEDULE OF CONFERENCES ON MHD AND RELATED TOPICS
- February 8-11, 2016: Monaco-ITER Int’l Fusion Energy Days (MIIFED) and ITER Business Forum (IBF) Conference
- February 22-26, 2016: Dynamic Sun: I. MHD Waves and Confined Transients in the Magnetised Atmosphere, Varanasi, India
- February 22-25, 2016: 33rd National Radio Science Conference (NRSC), Egypt
- May 26-30, 2016: 22nd International Conference on Plasma Surface Interactions in Controlled Fusion Devices, Rome, Italy
- June 5-10, 2016:Minisymposiumon Computational Methods in Magnetohydrodynamics (in ECCOMAS 2016)
- June 20-23, 2016: 27th
Symposium on Plasma Physics and Technology Prague, Czech Republic
- June 20-24, 2016:10th Pamir Conference, Cagliari, Italy.
- September 4-9, 2016: 16th International Conference on Liquid and Amorphous Metals (LAM-16), Bonn – Bad Godesberg, Germany
V. NEXT HYDROMAG NEWSLETTER
will be issued in the end of April, 2016. Please send information you wish to be included into this issue to
not later than 20 of April, 2016.
If you have an urgent announcement, we can publish at http://hydromag.eu between the
Coventry CV1 5FB